Sunday, December 06, 2009

Video Editing - With Sony Vegas Platinum 9.0

New laptop with Windows 7. Time to edit those holiday videos.

1) After messing around and trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.... No sound? Oh excuse me - mp4 from my Sony DVC doesn't provide a understandable audio track?
1.1) Ok - I'll convert it to something else
1.1.1) To VLC!
1.1.1.1) .OGG maybe? .OGG with VLC - bad quality, and sound is skippy. And Vegas can't play it.
1.1.1.2) .ASF then. Blegh. I think VLC is a bit ill.
1.1.2) Sod VLF - there must be something else! Ooow how about handbrake?
1.1.2.1) Nope - only for transcoding to nice little happy viewable formats.
1.1.3) MediaCoder?
1.1.3.1) Need 7zip to extract
1.1.3.2) Error code 8? That doesn't help me!

Forget this!!! I'm booting back into ubuntu!

No comments: