Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Video Editing - With Adobe Premier Elements 8

Awesome i7 chip, 7200rpm drive is decent enough - lets give this a spin

1) Massive download, install Adobe Premier Elements 8
2) Woohoo! It can edit .MP4 files!!!
3) Ok. It stopped working. W.T.F???
3.1) Damnit! Fine - I'm learning how to use ffmpeg
3.2) Install ubuntu in virtualbox - I'm not rebooting all the time
3.3) ffmpeg -i M4H00471.MP4 -vcodec mjpeg -sameq output.avi
4) Ok - sweet - I can open my files
4.1) I wonder if it works in Vegas now?
4.1.1) Nope
5) Ok - lets do some easy fade in / fade out effects
5.1) Damn this shit is slow.
5.2) DAMN!!! THIS IS SLOW!!!
5.3) W.T.F? It's not even touching my processor! My machine is just sitting back and relaxing!
5.3.1) Lots of free memory also... hmmm...
5.4) Ok ok - maybe I need to defrag?
5.5) Still slow as all hell.

Come on!!! How hard can this be! I just want to edit some some video mp4 video from my little digital camera. 720p 30 - that's not even a crazy high resolution. It should be a dream!

No comments: